Some simple tips:-
- Keep your computer in a communal area of the house.
- Never give out personal details to online friends—personal information includes your messenger ID, email address, mobile number, and any pictures of you, your family, or friends—if you publish a picture or video online—anyone can change it or share it.
- If you receive spam/junk email & texts, never believe them, reply to them or use them.
- It's not a good idea to open files that are from people you don't know. You won't know what they contain—it could be a virus, or worse.
- Some people lie online, and therefore it's better to keep online friends, online only. You should never meet up with any strangers without an adult you trust.
- It's never too late to tell someone if something makes you feel uncomfortable online.
- Learn how to block someone online and report them if you feel uncomfortable.
Click the link below to visit the NSPCC website, where there is lots of support with how to keep your child safe online.