Some simple tips:-
- Keep your computer in a communal area of the house.
- Never give out personal details to online friends—personal information includes your messenger ID, email address, mobile number, and any pictures of you, your family, or friends—if you publish a picture or video online—anyone can change it or share it.
- If you receive spam/junk email & texts, never believe them, reply to them or use them.
- It's not a good idea to open files that are from people you don't know. You won't know what they contain—it could be a virus, or worse.
- Some people lie online, and therefore it's better to keep online friends online only. You should never meet up with any strangers without an adult you trust.
- It's never too late to tell someone if something makes you feel uncomfortable online.
- Learn how to block someone online and report them if you feel uncomfortable.