Welcome to Moorside – we are delighted that you are considering joining us in September. We understand that moving from primary school to high school is a big step and can be stressful for both parents and students. Our transition team at Moorside High school are dedicated to making the process as smooth as possible and are looking forward to welcoming you to #TEAMMOORSIDE.
Miss Birnie is the transition coordinator. She works closely with our partner schools and with Year 6 teachers to enable a smooth transition to secondary school.
Mr Williams is the Head of Year 7. He works with students every day ensuring they are ready to learn, are settling in to life at Moorside and ensuring the transition process is successful.
During the academic year, our team will work to provide opportunities for you to meet staff and visit the school ahead of starting in September. We get to know students (and many parents) before they become part of the Moorside family so, when they do join us they feel happy, confident, and ready to learn. Parents can be assured of a close working relationship between home and the academy
We hope the information provided on this webpage will answer any questions you may have about the transition process, but if you do find you have any additional questions, please email MHStransition@consilium-at.com.
Our main partner primary schools are:
- Moorside Primary School
- Wardley CE
- The Deans
- St Peters
- Light Oaks
- Monton Green
- Grosvenor Road
- St Pauls C of E
- St Johns C of E
Although the majority of our students join us from our partner primary schools, we are always pleased to welcome students from other primary schools in Salford, the UK, and even other parts of the world.
Parents of children in all primary schools are welcome to apply for places. For more information and to apply for a place online click here.
Web Links for Students and Parents to help with Transition.
The links below provide advice to students and parents to help with the transition process.
- BBC – What is the difference between Primary and Secondary school - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zjgck2p/articles/zvw48mn
- BBC – Starting secondary school. Advice for parents and students. - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zh4wy9q/starting-secondary-school/1
- Young Minds - Transition tips for parents - https://www.youngminds.org.uk/media/2odjlktz/top-ten-tips-for-parents.pdf
- Childline – Advice for starting Secondary school - https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/school-college-and-work/school-college/moving-schools/
- Family lives - Advice for parents on supporting your child’s transition to Secondary school. - https://www.familylives.org.uk/advice/secondary/learning-school/starting-secondary-school