Moorside High School Compulsory Uniform
All pupils are expected to wear school uniform which can easily be purchased from Whittakers of Swinton, email@example.com or direct from Trutex via a catalogue at www.trutex.com
Boys and Girls compulsory uniform
- School blazer with school logo to breast pocket.
- White shirt.
- School tie.
- Black leather shoes (laces for boys)
- Outdoor coat - dark colour without large logos, optional V-neck, navy blue sweater with red stripe on the V-neck, Navy blue skirt of a style and length suitable for school.
- Navy blue tailored girl’s trousers or Black boy’s trousers (NOT SKINNY JEANS OR CHINOS)
- Navy blue/black tights or white plain ankle socks
The PE kit is only available from Whittakers of Swinton.
- Navy blue polo shirt with white piping and school logo, Navy blue shorts with school logo.
- Navy blue reversible rugby shirt with school logo.
- Navy blue knee length socks with white turnover and school logo.
- Navy blue polo shirt with white piping and school logo, Navy blue shorts or skort with school logo.
- Navy blue knee length socks with white turnover and school logo, Navy blue with white piping fleece with school logo.
- Optional Navy blue tracksuit bottoms.
Full school uniform is to be worn to and from school and at ALL TIMES in school.
- All girls who wish to wear a skirt must only wear it at a modest length. Skirts must be no shorter than 3" above the knee.
- Girls are not allowed to wear over-knee socks or leg-warmers.
- Your shirt/blouse must be tucked into your trousers or skirt and buttoned to the neck. Only school related badges are to be worn on your blazer lapels.
- The sleeves of your blazer must not be pushed or rolled up.
- The cuffs of your jumper must not be pulled or rolled down below the sleeves of your blazer. Shirt or blouse cuffs must not be turned up over your blazer.
- When the weather requires an extra layer, a scarf and an appropriately smart dark coat or anorak with no large logos may be worn over the school blazer. Coats are not permitted in the building and will be taken off students until the end of the school day if they are seen wearing them indoors.
- Hoodies and tracksuit tops are not permitted in school and will be taken off students until the end of the school day if they are seen wearing them indoors.
- Trouser bottoms must not be tucked into socks.
- Jewellery of any description is not encouraged and is not practical for many reasons. Bracelets and charity bands are not permitted. Piercings: Boys and girls are allowed to wear one stud earing, only in the lobe of each ear. All Jewellery must be removed for PE activities and is brought into school entirely at the student’s own risk. No nose, lip, eyebrow, tongue or stomach studs or piercings. Clear plastic retainers are not permitted. Students will be required to remove any items of jewellery which contravenes this code; they will be confiscated until parents collect them from school. If you do decide to allow your child to have additional piercings, please ensure that they are removed for school.
- Hair: Only conventional styles, cuts and natural colours are permitted.
- Extreme hair colours and styles are not allowed, particularly shaven designs, number one clipper grades and excessive braiding.
- Only natural looking make-up is permitted. Excess facial or hand make-up will have to be removed.
- Nail Varnish and False Nails are not permitted, False eye lashes are not permitted.
- Plain black or plain navy hijab (if required).